Friday, March 31, 2023
UEFA.com takes a look at the recent round of worldwide fixtures for tips to that remains in type ahead of the UEFA Champions League quarter-final first legs.UEFA.com takes
a check out some standout performers during the recent global break with a particular concentrate on properties on #UCLfantasy, offered by Playstation.The Bayern protector played all 180 minutes of France’s UEFA EURO 2024 certifying triumphes versus the Netherlands and also Republic of Ireland, aiding his country maintain tidy sheets in both. The centre-back additionally hopped on the scoresheet versus the Dutch, potentially making him a much more attractive #UCLfantasy alternative. Bayern have actually maintained three tidy sheets in their last 4 European getaways, and also 7 general this season.One of the highest-owned midfielders in #UCLfantasy, Valverde made telling payments in both of Uruguay’s current pleasant experiences. After scoring his fifth worldwide objective in the 1-1 draw with Japan, the Actual Madrid guy established Sebastián Coates for the opening goal in a 2-1 victory against South Korea. Valverde has actually logged four striking returns and also 2 Player of the Suit awards in this period’s Champions League.A number of Manchester City players made an effect in national colours, Nathan Aké as well as Bernardo Silva each scoring two times for Netherlands and also Portugal specifically, however De Bruyne is perhaps of many passion to #UCLfantasy managers. Belgium overcame in both of their matches as well as it was the enjoyable 3-2 triumph against Germany where De Bruyne truly supplied, producing a goal and two aids; Fantasy supervisors need to think about whether he can currently replicate that type at his club.Another Belgian to make a significant declaration on worldwide duty, Lukaku hit a stunning hat-trick versus Sweden in EURO 2024 qualifying as well as was likewise on target against Germany, taking the Inter Milan ahead to 72 objectives for his country in just 106 video games– a better strike-rate than both Lionel Messi as well as Cristiano Ronaldo. Injury issues have actually restricted the Inter striker to just 59 mins of UEFA Champions League football this period, although he has actually still taken care of to score two times, as well as his Fantasy possession of just 1%makes Lukaku a vital possible differential.Given the heavy competition for places in the Portugal strike, Rafael Leão was limited to substitute appearances in both EURO 2024 qualifiers, yet still handled to catch the eye. Versus Luxembourg specifically, the AC Milan onward had an eventful 15 mins, giving a help just 2 mins after coming on. The 23-year-old after that missed a charge, however rapidly trembled off that disappointment to score his 3rd elderly international goal. He has an objective and also two assists to his name in the Champions Organization this period, likewise winning a charge as well as earning a Player of the Suit honor. & duplicate; 1998-2023 UEFA. All rights reserved.The UEFA word, the UEFA logo design as well as all marks associated to UEFA competitors, are safeguarded by trademarks and/or copyright of UEFA. No use for commercial objectives might be made of such trademarks. Use UEFA.com indicates your agreement to the Conditions as well as Personal Privacy Plan.
A law enforcement officer was wounded and also four Genuine Betis fans were jailed throughout Manchester United’s Europa Organization last-16 win at Old Trafford.A group of away followers tossed flares as well as pyrotechnics inside the ground as well as tried to climb right into a section consisting of house supporters.Video video at the time revealed Betis followers spitting and also
throwing things at cops and also fans standing nearby.Fans Real Betis di Old Trafford setting gelut pic.twitter.com/ImwtTmpvgV!.?.!— Siaran Bola Live(@SiaranBolaLive)March 11, 2023 The most recent update originates from BBC Sport reporter Simon Stone, that asserts Betis have been fined EUR33,500 by UEFA for fan-related issues.Real Betis fined EUR33,500 by UEFA for problems entailing their followers in Europa League game @ManUtd– Simon Stone(@sistoney67)March 31, 2023 Greater Manchester Authorities(GMP)claimed 4 away supporters were detained for “fierce problem, assault, ownership of a flare inside the stadium as well as belongings of a regulated medicine,”as per BBC. Talking after the match, primary examiner Jamie Collins stated:” The fierce disorder experienced does not show the bulk of advocates attending this component
that went just to watch the football on the pitch.”Last evening’s behaviour by the minority was completely undesirable and also rather shocking for the decent advocates who might have obtained caught up in this.”We are likewise remaining to offer the well-being required to support one of our associates that was injured therefore when trying to maintain the general public safe.” GMP are working very closely with Manchester United, the UK Football Policing Device, Real Betis , Uefa and also Spanish Cops colleagues to determine those involved in a post-match investigation which is recurring.”If any advocates from Manchester United or Real Betis and also those going to the game have any kind of info or video that can assist with enquiries, they are asked to contact Greater Manchester Cops on 101 asap so we can
bring those liable to justice as well as additionally to seek, where possible, football banning orders.”United followers didn’t create any kind of issues in Seville and also no trouble is anticipated when we return in 2 weeks.Get the most essential Manchester United news, opinion, meetings and unique features with the Stretty E-newsletter– Advertisement Free!.?.!! Start your afternoon with the Stretty News judgment on all issuesManchester United.Your email address will not be released. Called for areas are significant * Comment< textarea id=" comment"name="remark"cols ="45 "rows="8"maxlength="65525" needed ="required"> Call * Email *< input type ='concealed'name= 'comment_parent' id=' comment_parent 'worth= '0'/ > Get the most recent information on Manchester United fixtures, outcomes, rumours and also transfers. Stretty Information is the # 1 Manchester United blog site and also the most preferred Manchester United news source for followers.
After the League setting up previously today, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis talked with the press reporters on the scene concerning the upcoming Milan clashes. He restated that they would certainly have chosen a team from abroad.
In the area of 16 days, Milan and also Napoli will encounter each other 3 times. It’s definitely a special situation and it will make two very fascinating video games in the Champions League. The league clash, certainly, will certainly happen this weekend.Speaking to the records present at the League assembly( by means of TMW ), Napoli president De Laurentiis shared his ideas on the clashes versus Milan. He likewise confirmed that their star striker Victor Osimhen will certainly be out for at the very least two weeks.”Osimhen? He will be out for 2 weeks, we really hope. Milan are a team skillfully lead by Maldini as well as Scaroni, as well as the possession. These are games where any type of result could take place, you never understand. They also have some players missing.
I wish it will certainly be a balanced and also amusing clash.”Sadly, this is the result of a brainless UEFA. Imagine if we had also faced each various other in the Coppa Italia semi-finals. It’s absurd to play the same team three times. If you play in a European competition, you wish to encounter European teams.
Milan must have bet an additional European team and Napoli should have bet an additional European group,”he stated.Milan will certainly begin in your home in the Champions League tie and that game is scheduled for April 13, with the return leg arranged for six days later. This weekend’s organization clash will give us a taste of how those two games might look.Haha! He already recognizes, that Napoli are out of UCL, so crying crocodile splits! Winning the league tie will certainly be the ideal for Milan. Milan can not match any team for a gamer because of financial situation. Due to financial dilemma we shed IBRAHIMOVIC AND THIAGO SILVA TO PSG, KAKA TO REAL MADRID. MILAN stopped working to buy KAIO JORGE FROM BRAZIL, LOSING A GREAT DEAL OF VALUABLE PLAYERS as a result of FINANCIAL DILEMMA CONSTANTLY
. WHEN WILL FINANCIAL SITUATION END? DEVELOPMENT IN TO VARIOUS STAGES OF UCL, WHAT’S THE ESSENCE?It’s not a situation but the brand-new proprietors having to deal with decades of monetary mismanagement under Berlusconi. He made use of Milan as a political tool and never ever constructed an economically viable club. Currently we are repaying debt, increasing earnings, as well as waiting for the new arena. Do not expect Milan to be fully competitive in Europe for at the very least another 5-10 years.Glad to see somebody else gets it are you seriously complaining we lost kaio jorge he doesn’t truly play and also absolutely not with a wonderful end result that needs to make us be sorry for that deal didnt occur. He likewise keep having injuries and also has missed 54 matches because arriving to europe and also his value has plunge well listed below ever since. Sure he may prosper eventually but up untill now there are no reasons we shukd be annoyed regarding juventus getting this injury vulnerable player.While you make some valid pints, I would not anticipate Milan to take anywhere the 5-10 years. With a couple of star players to adress the demands im thinking 2 years. The timeline depends on the brand-new proprietors actually. They want begin materializing earnings cash for an additional 5-7 years yet that’s with authorizing marquee players now.Why Xavi is regularly attempting young gamers and also we can not offer possibilities to Milan U19 cable car players?maybe due to the fact that presently they are not as much in an alarming requirement of points as we are. Might additionally be that their bottom degree is higher among theirn
abilities no matter our present primaveras young people league success.Your email address will not be published. Required areas are significant * Comment< textarea id =" remark" name="comment "cols="45 "rows =" 8"maxlength="65525 "required ="needed "> Call * Email *
Manchester City – Liverpool
– Manchester City have lost just one of their last 13 Premier League home games against Liverpool (W7 D5), going down 4-1 in November 2015 under Manuel Pellegrini.
– Liverpool are looking to complete the league double over Manchester City for what would be just a second time in the last 17 seasons, previously doing so in Jürgen Klopp’s debut campaign in 2015-16.
– Liverpool have won more Premier League games against reigning champions than any other side (23). They’re looking to achieve their first such double since 2013-14, beating Manchester United 1-0 at home and 3-0 away under Brendan Rodgers.
– Manchester City have won their last three Premier League games, but have yet to win four in a row in 2022-23. They last did so in April/May last season (a run of five).
– Liverpool have taken just 12 points from their 13 Premier League away games this season (W3 D3 L7), compared to 30 at home. They have the biggest difference between points won at home and on the road in the Premier League this season (18).
– Manchester City have played more through balls than any other side in the Premier League this season (64). Among players, Kevin De Bruyne has played more than any other player (21), while Erling Haaland has received more through balls than anyone else (18).
– Liverpool have failed to score in seven different Premier League games this season, with six of these coming away from home. They last failed to score in more different matches on the road in 2011-12 (8). In all competitions, the Reds could lose three consecutive matches without scoring for the first time since October 2009.
– Mohamed Salah has scored in all three of Liverpool’s games against Man City this season, in the Premier League, Community Shield and EFL Cup. The last Liverpool player to score in four different games against an opponent in a single campaign was Ian Rush, netting in five meetings with Everton in 1986-87 (including the English Super Cup).
– Erling Haaland has scored 42 per cent of Man City’s Premier League goals this season (28/67), while his goals have also been worth 20 points to the Citizens. All three (28 goals, 42 per cent and 20 points) are the highest by a Manchester City player in a single Premier League campaign.
– Erling Haaland has scored 42 goals in all competitions for Manchester City this season, including six hat tricks (all at the Etihad). Only two players have scored more in a single campaign for a Premier League club (since 1992-93) – Ruud van Nistelrooy in 2002-03 and Mohamed Salah in 2017-18 (both 44).
Arsenal v Leeds United
– Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 13 meetings with Leeds in all competitions (W11 D2), since a 3-2 home loss in May 2003 that ended the Gunners’ title bid that season.
– Since a 0-0 draw in their first Premier League away game against Arsenal in February 1993, Leeds haven’t drawn or kept a clean sheet in any of their subsequent 13 league visits to the Gunners (W3 L10), shipping 31 goals in total.
– Leeds have won just two of their 23 Premier League games against the league leaders (D9 L12), though both victories came away from home (v Middlesbrough in August 2000 and Man City in April 2021). They’ve lost all four such games against Arsenal by an aggregate score of 14-2.
– Arsenal have won their last six Premier League games, their joint-longest such run under Mikel Arteta. They last won seven in a row between August and October 2018 under Unai Emery.
– Leeds won their second away league game of the season at Wolves last time out, netting more goals in that 4-2 victory than they had in their previous six on the road combined (3).
– Arsenal have scored 66 Premier League goals this season and have an expected goals tally of 54.9 – their difference of netting 11 more goals than their xG suggests is the highest in the division this term.
– Both Arsenal and Leeds have had a joint-high 14 different goalscorers in the Premier League this season (excluding own goals, Chelsea also 14). In Leeds’ case, only in 1992-93 (15) have they had more different players find the net in a single campaign.
– Arsenal’s top scorer in the Premier League this season is Gabriel Martinelli with 13 goals; the last player to score more while aged 21 or under in a single campaign in the division was Dele Alli in 2016-17 (18), while the last non-English player to do so was Saido Berahino in 2014-15 (14).
– Only Erling Haaland (33) and Harry Kane (23) have been involved in more Premier League goals than Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka this season (22), with Saka the only player so far to reach double figures for both goals (12) and assists (10).
– Jack Harrison has scored in his last two Premier League games for Leeds, as many as he had in his previous 29 appearances. Harrison has made more assists (6) and created more chances (41) than any other Leeds player in the Premier League this term.
Bournemouth – Fulham
– Each of the last three league meetings between Bournemouth and Fulham have been drawn, with the away side opening the scoring each time.
– Fulham won their only previous top-flight away game against Bournemouth, picking up a 1-0 win in April 2019 courtesy of Aleksandar Mitrovic’s penalty.
– Since the start of last season, away sides have won seven of the 11 Premier League meetings between two promoted sides (D2 L2). The only home wins in that run were Brentford against Watford (December 2021) and Fulham against Nottingham Forest in February this season.
– Since the resumption of the Premier League following the World Cup, no side has lost more games (8), won fewer points (8) or scored fewer goals (7) than Bournemouth. However, they beat Liverpool 1-0 in their last home league game, last winning consecutive top-flight home matches in February 2020.
– Fulham have lost their last two Premier League games, but are yet to lose three in a row this term. Nine of the Cottagers 10 league defeats this term have come against teams starting the day in the top half of the table, with the exception being a 3-1 loss at 15th placed West Ham in October.
– Fulham have conceded six goals across their last two Premier League games, more than they had in their previous 10 combined (5).
– Bournemouth have had the fewest shots (227) and second fewest shots on target (86) of any Premier League side this season, while at the other end they’ve faced more shots (457) and shots on target (147) than anyone else.
– No side have conceded more headed goals in the Premier League this season than Bournemouth (11), while a league high share 32 per cent of Fulham’s goals this season have been headers (12/38). However, Fulham will be without Aleksandar Mitrovic for this game, who has scored 33 per cent of their headed goals (4/12).
– Bournemouth midfielder Philip Billing is one of just two Premier League players to have applied 150+ pressures in each of the defensive third (178), middle third (315) and attacking third (157) of the pitch this season, along with Jordan Ayew.
– Fulham’s Manor Soloman is averaging a goal every 70 minutes in the Premier League this season (4 goals in 278 minutes), the best rate of any player to score more than three times. Three of his four goals have come from the bench, with only Son Heung-min (4) netting more sub goals this term.
Brighton and Hove Albion v Brentford
– Brighton have alternated between victory (3) and defeat (2) in their last five home league games against Brentford, winning this exact fixture 2-0 last season.
– Following their 2-0 win at the Brentford Community stadium in October, Brentford are looking to complete their first league double over Brighton since the 2014-15 campaign when the sides were in the Championship.
– Brighton have won four of their last five Premier League home games (L1), keeping a clean sheet in each victory. Only twice have they won three in a row at the Amex Stadium in the Premier League (March 2018 and November 2019), and never without conceding.
– Five of Brighton’s seven Premier League defeats this season have come against London clubs, including three of their four home losses.
– Brentford have lost just one of their last 15 Premier League games (W7 D7), a 1-0 loss at Everton last month. Away from home, the Bees have won three of their last six league games (D2 L1), having been winless in their first seven on the road this term (D4 L3).
– Including penalties, Brentford have scored a league-high 19 goals from set pieces in the Premier League this season, while Brighton have shipped a league-high proportion of their goals from set piece situations (45 per cent – 14/31). Indeed, no side has scored more penalties than Brentford this term (6), while only Bournemouth (6) have conceded more from the spot than Brighton (5).
– Brighton pair Kaoru Mitoma and Pascal Groß have each scored six Premier League goals from 23 shots this season – their conversion rate of 26.1 per cent is bettered only by Man City’s Erling Haaland among players with at least 20 shots (31.1 per cent).
– Solly March is Brighton’s joint-top Premier League goalscorer this season with seven goals. He’s the top scoring player in the competition this season who didn’t score before the World Cup break, with all seven of his strikes coming in his 11 appearances since Boxing Day.
– Brighton’s Solly March has created six chances following a take on in the Premier League this season, more than any other player. March has also been involved in six goals following a ball carry (4 goals, 2 assists), with no player being involved in more.
– Brentford’s Ivan Toney has been involved in 10 goals in his 12 away games in the Premier League this season (8 goals, 2 assists), with only Erling Haaland and Harry Kane (10 each) scoring more on the road than Toney.
Crystal Palace v Leicester City
– After winning four consecutive Premier League games against Leicester between 2017 and 2019, Crystal Palace are now winless in their last seven against the Foxes (D3 L4).
– Leicester have won just one of their last six away league games against Crystal Palace (D3 L2), with their last two visits to Selhurst Park ending level.
– Crystal Palace remain without a win in their 12 league games in 2023, drawing five and losing seven. Only three clubs have had a longer run without a Premier League win from the start of a calendar year – Derby County in 2008 (18), Sunderland in 2003 (17) and Middlesbrough in 2017 (14).
– Crystal Palace are winless in their last 13 games in all competitions (D5 L8), since beating Bournemouth 2-0 on New Year’s Eve. It’s their longest run without a win since a run of 16 between December 1980 and April 1981 – the 14th game in that run was a 1-1 draw with Leicester, and the Eagles were relegated from the top-flight at the end of the campaign.
– Having kept a clean sheet in five of their six Premier League games before the World Cup break, Leicester are the only side without a clean sheet since the resumption of the competition, conceding 22 goals in their 12 games.
– No side has scored fewer Premier League goals this season than Crystal Palace (22). Indeed, Leicester have netted more first half goals (24) than the Eagles have in total, with the Foxes netting the highest share of their Premier League goals before halftime this season (63 per cent).
– No team has failed to score in more games overall (13) or home games (6) in the Premier League this season than Crystal Palace. The Eagles have the third lowest shots-per-game average this term (9.9), while only Bournemouth (24.1) have a lower overall xG than Palace (25.2).
– Roy Hodgson – the Premier League’s oldest ever manager – returns to Crystal Palace having taken charge of 148 Premier League games for the Eagles between 2017 and 2021. After winning seven consecutive games against Leicester in all competitions between 1998 and 2019, Hodgson has since lost four of his last five against the Foxes (D1).
– Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha has scored more Premier League goals against Leicester than he has any other opponent, with his seven goals against the Foxes coming in his last 10 appearances against them.
– No Leicester player has scored more Premier League goals this season than Harvey Barnes, with his nine goals his joint-best return in a single top-flight campaign. Only once has he reached double figures in a single league campaign, doing so in 2018-19 (9 with West Brom in the Championship, 1 Premier League goal for Leicester).
Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers
– Nottingham Forest have won just one of their last eight league games against Wolves (D2 L5), a 2-0 away win in the Championship in January 2018.
– Wolves have won their last two away league games against Nottingham Forest – they’ve never won three in a row before. Indeed, they’ve won three of their last four at the City Ground (D1), more than they had in their previous 15 visits (W2 D5 L8).
– This is the first time Nottingham Forest are hosting Wolves in a top-flight match since November 1983, with the Tricky Trees winning 5-0 under Brian Clough.
– Having been unbeaten in their first five Premier League games of 2023 (W3 D2), Nottingham Forest are now winless in their last six (D2 L4). Having conceded just two goals in those first five games, Forest have conceded at least twice in five of their last six.
– After a nine-game unbeaten home run in the Premier League, Nottingham Forest lost 2-1 against Newcastle in their last match at the City Ground. Three of their four home league defeats this term have come despite scoring the first goal of the game (2-3 v Bournemouth, 2-3 v Fulham, 1-2 v Newcastle).
– Wolves have lost three of their last four Premier League games (W1), as many as they had in their first nine under Julen Lopetegui (W4 D2). They’ve also won just two of their last 18 away games in the Premier League (D5 L11), though both of these victories have come under the Spaniard.
– No Premier League side has scored fewer goals than either Nottingham Forest or Wolves so far this season (22 each). Forest have had fewer shots on target than anyone else in the division this term (83 –3.1 per game), while Wolves have the lowest shot conversion rate of any side (6.9 per cent – 22 goals from 319 attempts).
– Wolves have had a league-high six red cards in the Premier League this season. It’s their most in a single campaign in the competition, while no side has had more in a season since 2014-15, when Aston Villa and Newcastle both had seven.
– 48 per cent of Nottingham Forest forward Brennan Johnson’s off the ball runs in the Premier League this season have seen a teammate trying to find him (228/473), the highest per centage of targeted runs by a player to make 200+ runs in the competition this term.
– Wolves’ Raúl Jiménez has had more shots on target without scoring this season than any other player in the Premier League (9). Overall, the Mexican hasn’t scored in any of his last 21 Premier League appearances since netting against Watford in March 2022.
Chelsea – Aston Villa
– Chelsea have won nine of their last 11 Premier League games against Aston Villa (D1 L1), with the only defeat in that run coming at Villa Park on the final day of the 2020-21 campaign.
– Aston Villa have won just one of their last 17 Premier League away games against Chelsea (D4 L12), losing six of the last seven since a 3-1 victory in December 2011.
– Chelsea have won two of their last three Premier League games (D1), as many wins as in their previous 15 combined (D6 L7). Indeed, the Blues have scored as many goals in their last three leagues matches (6) as they had in their previous 12.
– Aston Villa are unbeaten in their last four Premier League games (W3 D1), keeping a clean sheet in each of those three wins. They last went five without defeat in the competition in December 2020, with the last game in that sequence coming at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea (1-1).
– Only Manchester City (584) and Arsenal (423) have had more open play sequences with 10+ passes than Chelsea (422) this season in the Premier League, while the Blues allow their opponents on average a league-low 9.4 passes per defensive action, highlighting their intense press out of possession.
– Since Unai Emery’s first away Premier League game in charge of Aston Villa (a 2-1 win at Brighton in November), only Man City (16) and Arsenal (15) have picked up more points on the road than the Villans (13 – W4 D1 L1).
– Chelsea’s Premier League games have seen the fewest goals this season (57 – 29 GF, 28 GA), with Stamford Bridge also seeing the fewest of any venue (26 goals in total).
– Mason Mount scored both of Chelsea’s goals in their 2-0 win at Villa Park in the reverse fixture. He could become the fifth Chelsea player to score home and away against Aston Villa in a single Premier League campaign and just the second Englishman to do so after Frank Lampard in 2012-13.
– Following his goal at West Ham, Ollie Watkins became the first Aston Villa player to score in four successive away Premier League appearances since Dwight Yorke in March-May 1998. A goal in this game would see him become the first Villa player to net in five successive Premier League appearances on the road.
– Ollie Watkins has either scored (8) or assisted (3) in 11 of his last 15 Premier League games for Aston Villa, although he’s only made more appearances against Leeds (6) than he has against Chelsea (5) without scoring in the competition.
West Ham United – Southampton
– West Ham have lost just one of their last 10 Premier League games against Southampton (W6 D3), though that was a 3-2 defeat in this exact fixture last season.
– Southampton are looking to win consecutive league visits to West Ham for the first time since April 1992 –they’d lost four in a row at the Hammers before last season’s 3-2 victory.
– Coming into this weekend’s games, Southampton have picked up the highest share of their Premier League points this season away from home (57 per cent – 13/23). Meanwhile, only Nottingham Forest (77 per cent) have a higher share of points won at home in 2022-23 than West Ham (75 per cent – 18/24).
– Since losing three straight home league games from November to December, West Ham are unbeaten in their last four at the London Stadium (W2 D2). Not since April 2022 have the Hammers gone longer without a home defeat in the Premier League (six games).
– Sides starting the day bottom of the Premier League have won 11 league matches this season, four more than the whole of last term (7), and the most in a single campaign in the competition since 2017-18 (12). Southampton have been responsible for three of these victories by bottom-placed sides in 2022-23, a joint high (also Leicester).
– Southampton have picked up as many points in their six Premier League games under Rubén Sellés (8 –W2 D2 L2) as they had in their 17 league matches beforehand (W2 D2 L13).
– No other sides have kept fewer clean sheets in the Premier League this season than Southampton (4) and West Ham (5). For the Hammers, five clean sheets is their fewest at this stage of a top-flight season since 2018-19 under Manuel Pellegrini (4), while it is the lowest tally by a David Moyes side in their first 26 matches of a Premier League campaign since Sunderland in 2016-17 (4).
– Saïd Benrahma has more Premier League goal involvements than any other West Ham player this season (7 – 4 goals, 3 assists). The Algerian is looking to score in back-to-back Premier League appearances for the first time since December 2021, when one of those matches was at home to Southampton.
– Before the March international break, only Rodri (243) won possession more times than West Ham’s Declan Rice (232) in the Premier League this season, while, among midfielders, only Rodri again (300)made more progressive carries (moving 5+ metres upfield with the ball) than Rice (222) in the division this term.
– Coming into this weekend’s games, only Kieran Trippier (49) has created more chances from set plays than James Ward-Prowse (35) in the Premier League this season, while the Southampton skipper is the only player to create 25+ chances from both open play (27) and set pieces (35) in the division this term.
Newcastle United – Manchester United
– Newcastle are winless in six Premier League games against Man Utd (D2 L4), though the last two have both been drawn – they’ve not gone three league games without defeat against the Red Devils since January 2012 (W1 D2).
– Manchester United have won more Premier League away games against Newcastle than any other side (14). However, they’ve lost two of their last five such visits (W2 D1), having lost just one of their previous 13 at St James’ Park.
– Following their goalless draw at Old Trafford in the reverse fixture, Newcastle are looking to keep a clean sheet in consecutive Premier League games against Manchester United for the first time since May 1997.
– Following a run of just one win in eight Premier League games (D5 L2), Newcastle have won their last two. The Magpies last three league victories have seen them score the winner in the 89th, 79th and 90th minute respectively.
– Manchester United have failed to score in their last two Premier League games, as many times as in their first 24 matches this season. The Red Devils last went three league games without a goal in February 2020 under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
– Coming into this weekend’s fixtures, only Bournemouth (38), Nottingham Forest (32) and Leicester City (30) have conceded more away goals in the Premier League this season than Man Utd (27). Indeed, only in four different Premier League campaigns have the Red Devils conceded more on the road – 1999-00 (29), 2001-02 (28), 2018-19 (29) and 2021-22 (35).
– On average, Newcastle’s Premier League games have been 98 minutes and 58 seconds this season, the third highest in the division. However, the ball has been in play on average for just 51 minutes and 41 seconds, the lowest in the competition this term.
– Man Utd’s Marcus Rashford has been involved in seven goals in his eight Premier League starts against Newcastle (4 goals, 3 assists) – only against Arsenal and Leicester (9 each) has he been involved in more.
– Alexander Isak has scored six goals in 10 Premier League appearances for Newcastle this season,including three in his last two. He could become just the third Swedish player to score in 3+ consecutive Premier League appearances after Freddie Ljungberg (5 in April 2002), and Zlatan Ibrahimovic (two runs of three in 2016).
– No player has scored more winning goals in the Premier League this season than Marcus Rashford, with nine of his 14 strikes being the winner. Only two Manchester United players have ever scored more winning goals in a single campaign in the competition – Cristiano Ronaldo (12 in 2007-08) and Wayne Rooney (10 in 2009-10).
Everton – Tottenham Hotspur
– Everton have won just one of their last 20 Premier League games against Spurs (D9 L10), picking up a 1-0 away win in September 2020.
– After losing three away Premier League games against Everton between January 2011 and December 2012, Tottenham are now unbeaten in their last nine visits to Goodison Park (W3 D6), though each of the last three have ended level.
– Tottenham have kept more Premier League clean sheets against Everton than against any other opponent (24), shutting them out in each of their last three meetings.
– Everton have won three of their four Premier League games at Goodison Park under Sean Dyche (L1), more than their first 10 home league games of the season under Frank Lampard beforehand (W2 D2 L6). All three of those wins under Dyche have been 1-0, with seven of the Toffees’ last nine home wins in the Premier League being by that exact score.
– Tottenham have conceded as many Premier League goals this season as they did in the whole of last term (40). It’s their most goals shipped from their first 28 games of a league campaign since 2007-08 (45).
– Tottenham have scored a league-high 14 headed goals in the Premier League this season, last netting more in a single campaign in 1999-00 (16). Nine of these have been scored by Harry Kane, with no player ever scoring 10 headers in a season in the competition.
– In Everton’s eight Premier League games under Sean Dyche, they have either kept a clean sheet (3 times) or conceded at least two goals (5 times). Indeed, since his first game in charge, only Liverpool (5) have more Premier League clean sheets than the Toffees (3), but despite this, only Nottingham Forest (14) have conceded more goals than Dyche’s side (12).
– Tottenham striker Harry Kane has scored 14 Premier League goals against Everton, only netting more against Leicester (18). He’s netted six braces against the Toffees, with only Alan Shearer netting multiple goals in more different Premier League games against an opponent (7 v Leeds – 6 braces, 1 hat-trick).
– Abdoulaye Doucouré has been directly involved in each of Everton’s last four Premier League goals (2 goals, 2 assists). Those four goal involvements have come in his last three league games; he had no goals or assists in his previous 38 Premier League appearances before this.
– Tottenham’s Richarlison is yet to score in 19 Premier League appearances for the club, despite attempting 19 shots with an xG total of 2.2. However, the Brazilian did score in his only previous away appearance against Everton in the competition in November 2017 for Watford, and over half of his overall goals in the division have come at Goodison Park (52 per cent – 25/48).
Chelsea win penalty shootout to knock Lyon out of UEFA Women's Champions League | WION Sports – WION
Remain attached with us
© 2023. Indiadotcom Digital Private Limited. All Rights Scheduled.